When do we collect personal information?
“Personal data” is defined under the PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access.
When you use our Website, any service we provide or in your interaction with us, the personal data we may collect include but is not limited to :-
Data collected directly from you
This may be done through our Website, over the phone, by email, or in person when you meet our staff or representatives. The personal data collected may include, but is not limited to:
- your contact information, including your (first and last) name, (billing and/or delivery) address, birthdate and email address and/or your telephone number. We need your e-mail address and/or telephone number so that we may contact you if we have questions or information for you regarding your order or the service that we are providing or will provide to you;
- other information required to be able to process your order or to provide you with the service, such as information concerning the products you have ordered or the service we are providing to you, the billing and/or delivery address, banking and/or credit/debit card details;
- if you have created an online profile or account, the preferences and interests stored in such profile or account (please see below for further information concerning the profiles); and/or
- if you have contacted customer service, the details of this contact and the contact history.
Data collected by automated means.
Various technologies may be used on our Website and our mobile and web-based applications in order to make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data does not always, but may, contain a user’s personal data or comprise of personal data. Examples of such technologies include:
- Click-stream data. A visit to one of our Websites results in data that is transmitted from your browser to our server being automatically collected and stored by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data can include, in particular, the following:
- the visitor’s IP address
- the date and time of the visit
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come)
- the pages visited on our website
- information about the browser used (browser type and version, operating system, etc).
- Web analytics. Web analytics is the term given to a method for collecting and assessing the behaviour of visitors. This includes the analysis of traffic patterns in order, for example, to determine the frequency of visits to certain parts of a website, or to find out what information and services our visitors are most interested in. For these purposes, we primarily make use of click-stream data and the other techniques listed above. Web analytics are carried out by Google Analytics and/or other selected parties.
Hence, depending on the circumstances or the nature of the transaction with you, the personal data we may collect from you includes :
- home address
- identification number (such as national ID, passport details etc.)(collection of this will be in compliance with the PDPA and depends on the circumstances or transaction at hand)
- image and/or photograph
- credit/debit card information
- location Information of yourself and/or your computer or device
- contact Information
- transactional information
- usage and preferences
- bank account number
- your purchase and/or your transactions with us
- your signature (such as when you sign off on a parcel delivery)
We will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA.
We may receive information about you from third parties such as if you use any websites or social media platforms operated by third parties (for example, Facebook, Instagram etc.) and, if such functionality is available, you have chosen to link your profile on our Website with your profile on those other websites or social media platforms.
Usage and disclosure of the information provided
We collect personally identifiable information:
- to enter you in contests or competitions and to notify you of competition results;
- to send you updates and news, and product and company information where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted for such purposes by post, email, telephone or other means of communication;
- to respond to your questions, comments or other communications;
- to register you for certain features;
- to provide personalised content, information; and/or
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- processing and/or dealing with your interest in our products and/or services;
- considering, processing, dealing with and/or managing, your request/application for, of or your purchase of, our products and/or services (the “Transaction”);
- facilitating, processing, dealing with, administering and/or managing Transaction(s) by or with you;
- administering, facilitating, managing, processing and/or dealing with your relationship with us, your transaction(s) with us, your being our loyalty card member or rewards member, any transactions or activities carried out by you on the Website or with us, your requests, including but not limited to dealing with your adhoc queries, requests or bookings, dealing with your preferences, dealing with your membership needs, dealing with your delivery needs, processing orders and payment transactions, implementing transactions and the supply of products and/or services to you that you have requested. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, should you make a reservation or transaction that includes third party individual(s) or on behalf of third party individual(s) or for third party individual(s), you consent to us disclosing personal data that identifies you, to the said third party individual(s) (such as but not limited to your name);
- administering, facilitating, processing and/or dealing in any matters relating to your use or access of the Website, including identifying you for login to the Website, our portals and other online services provided by or on behalf of us. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if you:
- gain access to or sign in to the Website, using your login credentials of a Social Networking Site, or
- use any features of a Social Networking Site such as its widgets, plug-ins and browser push notifications, made available to you on our Website, it may result in information or your personal data being collected or shared between us and the third party. (“Social Networking Site” refers to an online or digital platform owned or operated by a third party, that is used by people to build social networks or social relations, or to interact, with other people, such as but not limited to Facebook, Instagram).
By your proceeding pursuant to (i) or (ii) above, you consent to such collection, use or disclosure of your personal data;
- monitoring, processing and/or tracking your use of the Website in order to provide you with a seamless experience, facilitating or administering your use of the Website, and/or to assist us in improving your experience in using the Website;
- administering, facilitating, processing and/or dealing in any transactions, payments, debt collection, or activities carried out by you on the Website or at our premises or with us;
- providing services to you as our customer, as a member of our loyalty programme(s)/ card programme(s)/ rewards programme(s) or when requested by you; dealing with or administering your participation in contests, gamification, social events organised by us;
- registering you as a customer of any of our products or services, and/or to deal with, process and/or administer the account that you may open with us, whether a membership account or otherwise, including to facilitate your transactions or activities at our premises, the Website, or your transactions or activities with us;
- carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiry or complaint given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf including responding to your enquiries and complaints; or responding to or dealing with your interactions with us or your requests; or responding to or dealing with your feedback, comments or reviews. If you have contacted us with any complaints, feedback, comments, suggestions, we will use and disclose your personal data (including your contact history) to respond to you and provide you with the best service possible. If you are the complainant and you do not want us to disclose your identity to the party you are complaining about, you must let us know immediately. However, it may not always be possible to handle your complaint on the basis of anonymity;
- contacting you or communicating with you via phone/voice call, text message and/or email and/or postal mail for one or more of the Purposes stated herein. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages;
- sharing or disclosing (at our discretion) your suggestions, comments, feedback or content (including audio, video etc.) (collectively “Feedback”) that you provide through Social Networking Sites, to the Website or to us (including at our premises), with other users of the Website or with the public, for publicity and/or promotion purposes with a view to marketing or showcasing the business, products or services of Amber Nectar (and/or of any member of the our Group), and/or to acquiring customers, and/or for the purpose of providing the public with your Feedback which may be useful for the public’s patronage decision or for the public’s information or otherwise. This includes us disclosing your name together with your Feedback. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the above regard, your Feedback and name may/will be published or shared by us on public media platforms such as the newspaper, the Internet, in our (including our affiliates), marketing collaterals/materials or corporate video to be disclosed to the public, and you hereby consent to the same. Do not provide us with Feedback if you do not wish for such Feedback to be disclosed to the public.
- understanding and/or managing your interests, concerns and preferences;
- carrying out due diligence, statutorily required activities or other screening activities (including background checks, anti-money laundering checks, know your client checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations applicable to us, and/or our risk management procedures that may be required by law (whether Singapore or other countries) or that may have been put in place by us or our affiliates/associated companies;
- to prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or omission or misconduct, whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned; dealing with conflict of interests; or dealing with and/or investigating complaints;
- complying with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any jurisdiction applicable to us or our affiliates/associated companies, including meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us or our affiliates/associated companies, and/or for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities (whether of Singapore or other countries), with which we or our affiliates/associated companies are expected to comply;
- complying with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority (whether Singapore or other countries) which we are expected to comply with; or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that we may/will disclose your personal data to the aforementioned parties upon their request or direction;
- conducting research, (including customer research), surveys, market surveys, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, and/or profiling), obtaining your feedback to our products, services or facilities, to :
- improve or develop our products, services and/or facilities in order to enhance any continued interaction between yourself and us connected or in relation to your relationship with us, the Website, or your Transaction(s);
- improve any of our products or services or facilities, whether now or in the future; or
- improve our understanding of your interests, concerns and preferences.
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by contacting us here. We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request, unless an exception under the law or a provision in the law permits us to. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal, including us being unable to perform the transactions requested by you or the termination of your relationship with us (depending on the extent of your withdrawal), as the case may be.
We may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data for other purposes that do not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purposes at or before the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
To the extent permitted by law, we may/will also be collecting from sources other than yourself, personal data about you, for one or more of the above Purposes, and thereafter using, disclosing and/or processing such personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the Purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Our Website may have the functionalities to allow you to share your personal data with other third parties such as other users of our website. You are responsible for your choice(s) and are deemed to have provided consent for any sharing of your personal data in the manner provided by the Website.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data we collect, disclose and use is accurate and complete, if your personal data is likely to be used by us to make a decision that affects you, or disclosed to another organisation. However, we will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from you not updating us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with.
What do you do to safeguard personal information?
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us, one of our group companies, or for one of our service providers or partners. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of our obligations to you and the provision of support services.
Any personal information you provide will be held securely on our systems and/or those of the company hosting this Site on our behalf.
We also use our best efforts to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make this Site and its contents available to you and to fulfil your requests and our obligations to you, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our Site and our visitors.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
What about links to other sites?
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any affiliated company within our group. We will not sell or otherwise transfer your personal information without your express consent unless necessary to fulfil your requests.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law, to protect the integrity of the Site, to fulfil your requests or to co-operate in any legal investigation.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our Website and mobile or web-based applications may use retargeting technologies within the internet. This enables us to show our visitors, who were already interested in our shop and our products, advertisement from us on partner websites.
We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to our websites or mobile or web-based applications and your interaction with our communications, including advertising.
Retargeting technologies analyse your cookies and display advertisement based on your past surfing behaviour. For further information on cookies, please refer to paragraph 3 of this Policy.
We do not store any personal data about you with this technology.
What should I do if I have questions, wish to access, update or delete information, or wish to opt out of receiving future communications?
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to provide a copy of such data. You also have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.